Friday, July 2, 2010

The power of Music

Its amazing how a song can take you back to a place, when I lived in the USA I had 1 cd downloaded from a friends myspace page www.myspace.com/russellmichael when I listen to the music now, it transports me back to life in the USA fills me with a sweet sense of nostalgia.

hate me” my first, Russell Michael song and the first song on my pc! Living in northen California, that tiny room with the day bed and sliding doors onto the balcony that overlooked a horse paddock and the beautiful countryside of Cool, CA.

"have you ever" we're in Cool, CA and I'm watching a home made music video of this song - makes me smile everytime.

"easy road" for me paralles the beatles 'long and winding road' ethereal and hypnotic - driving through the canyon and up the mountain pass through the tree covered roads of NoCal, the sun breaking through the trees onto the road, as the shadows pass over my 2005 VW Jetta.

your my first thought in the morning my last one at night” living in Haymarket Virginia in my basement room.  Putting album 45 into the cd player and climbing into bed, to have this song lull me to sleep.

dont stop keep on going” driving my ford explorer through Virginia, to swimming practice, the library, the metro or on an outing with Ryan my 6 year old aupair kid singing in the background.

"physical - i love to just look into your face" because this post would be incomplete without mention of it, mid afternoon and late night skype video conversations an intangible friendship multiple time zones, continents and oceans apart, a friend with a virtual shoulder to cry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment