Thursday, February 23, 2012

My favourite version of me

The girl I wish I still was!
22
Young
Ambitious
The world really felt like it was at my feet
Hopeful
Innocent
Excited
All the time in the world to make decisions and choices.



I suppose it was a year where I made some really bad choices, things that I regret and wish I could do over.  Alas it came and it went.  I also feel it was a year for me to accomplish something - I don't know what.  A year that taught me to take EVERY opportunity and use it to its full.

I was in the USA, which I really believe God made happen for a reason that I feel I didn't accomplish.

Now I'm 4 years older (gulp), not where that 22 year old version thought she would be.  Looking back she made decisions I would NEVER make now and looking forward from 2008 I'm not who she thought she would be.  Although I'm not much different from 22 year old me - she's part of the girl I currently am, just more life experience and character kind of like a vintage car - keep adding on the miles.

Although I wouldn't say not to a letter from the 85 year old version of me!


No comments:

Post a Comment