Wednesday, March 21, 2012

She feeds on ashes



Isaiah 44:20 "He feeds on ashes, a deluded heart mislead him; he cannot save himself, or say 'Is not this thing in my right hand a lie?'"

Isaiah 44:7 "Who then is like me?  Let him proclaim it.  Let him declare & lay out before me what has happened since I established my ancient people, & what is yet to come - yes, let him foretell what will come"

Part 1 - 18th May 2009

Cinderella by 
 Edmund Dulac 

She who feeds on ashes,
shamed & disgraced.
Her heart is heavy,
her soul cries out.
There she lies on her face.

The fire's died,
she longs for warmth,
comforting arms.
No ones there she's all alone,
they've left her for another place.

The fires dead,
no shoulder left,
she shivers,
she's alone.

He hears her wail,
He sees her.
He reaches down to touch her face,
He beckons her to come.

He takes her hands and dusts them off,
wipes the soot clean off her face.

He says "My child I'm here for you I heard your cry for help."
He wraps her in his warm robe & holds her in his arms.

She stars to cry
from relief & shame & says "I don't deserve this."

He holds her tight in His embrace & says that's not your choice.

I heard you cry & came to you,
come sit with me a while, lets talk of what binds you so & maybe you'll feel free.

She highly doubts His request but opts to humour Him.
She tells her story - the things she's done
and places that she's been.

  

Part 2 13th September 2009

He listens to her heavy heart.
No judgment comes across his face.
She's tired & drained,
she cries no more.
She's spilled it all at his feet.

He looks at her,
takes her hands and says
"Its forgiven! 
I laid my life on the tree for you to live in liberty."

She understands & sees the Grace that's been poured out on her.
She breathes a sigh of relief.

"I have swept away your offenses like a cloud,
your sins like the morning mist.
Return to me for I have redeemed you.*"

The breath of life redeemed,
revived.
As she begins to live a life
forgive by His side.


   

*Isaiah 44

No comments:

Post a Comment