Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Great Potomac Falls

A cold Saturday in Washington DC, being unaware as to how cold it actually was we decide to go out to the Potomac Great Falls (which I had never seen) and take in a hike down by the water.  Getting into the car we started off on our Fall adventure.


 The route to the falls (on the Maryland side) crosses over various tributaries that feed into the Potomac.





























Justin and mines shadows on, not the original intent of the photo but nonetheless; i think its fun.



Another tributary pond overpass.


The Great Falls, the picture does not do justice to the falls.

By the time we got to the falls, the cold winds had started to cut through our clothes and chill our bones.  Well that was my experience of it; Justin doesn't feel the cold, me I turn purple.


 







Realising how bitterly cold it was we turned back to the car and abandoned the quest to go for a hike as we weren't properly attired, for me that means I wasn't wearing my long johns.

No comments:

Post a Comment