Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sleep

Sleep generally the most look forward to task of my day.  The magic time when anything can happen, within the confines of my mind of course.  The questions of what will I dream about tonight?  Will I remember my dreams? What wonderful adventure will I go on?  What crime mystery might I solve?  Will I be me or perhaps don the part of some mythical hero?  With prospects like this how can anyone pass up the opportunity to embark on sleep.

I remember a time when I could sleep anywhere, anytime, through anything - sleep was my superpower.  Over the last 2 years I seem to have found my kryptonite.  Something that has drained me of my super sleep powers - but what could it be?

I recognise that change in sleep habits (especially now since returning from the USA on Monday) might be part of the problem.  A list of reasons why one might not be sleeping...

1) Jet lag
2) New environment (different bed, loss or addition of sleep partner, animals in room. snoring of partner/animals/roommate)
3) Too much light in the room
4) Mood disorder (depression, anxiety, stress)
5) Being on the computer late

Currently I'm pinning my lack of sleep on jet lag and the fact that I have been sleeping 13 hour days - eeek*

A few things that might help me sleep...

1)














Great idea, seeing as I lost my favourite pink eye mask on the airplan, however my room is pretty dark.


2)















or















Will the book put me to sleep because its boring or will it offer good tips on sleeping?

3)













a noise machine will that aid, maybe I need the sound of the ocean, or a heartbeat or the rain?


4)















Cuddly and plush, if it works for baby maybe it can work for me?

5)















and finally the magic pill, mine is a little blue one Advil PM, however having taken it an over 2 hours ago, it still has not helped lull me to sleep, sigh*

Hopefully I can get on a normal sleep routine, and kick the jet lag, I should probably get up by 8am tomorrow instead of sleeping in until noon.  If its any consolation it is 5am in DC when I wake up at noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment