Sunday, November 7, 2010

#2 Monterey - 17 Mile Drive

Cited as one of the most beautiful drives in the world, so much so that the residents on this stretch of road have placed a private toll on it $8 and you can see the beauty that lines the west coast.





 So we begin, stopping to dip our feet in the freezing cold Pacific Ocean, it was  brain freeze but for you feet.




Because I look good

Because Justin's eyes were closed in the previous one
Enjoying the ocean views further down the coast.



Stopping at 'seal rock'



There are at least 3 golf courses on the 17 Mile Drive road - cant think of a nicer place to play golf, not that I've ever played, but if it looked like this maybe I would.



There are an abundance of cyprus trees along the route - judging by my photos I found beauty in the ones that were dead - see below.




These colours are amazing!


The Lone Cyprus, sits on a rocky out crop off the shore, standing there happy in its solitude.







And that concludes 17 Mile Drive - had I know about it prior to the drive it would definitely have made it onto my bucket list, I highly recommend  it.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry don't know why the photos are upside down, will try fix this soon, but not today.

    ReplyDelete