Friday, November 5, 2010

Yosemite Day 2, 25 October.

Justin and I hiked around Yosemite today, a story that I’m going to leave to the pictures to tell you, it was beautiful out, a little chilly as far as my thermostat goes according to Justin though – girls are always cold!
Yosemite Falls seen from the parking lot infront of our hotel.  A day later you can see how the amount of water coming over the falls has decreased.

25 October 2010
26 October 2010


Today I'm going to take you on a walk through Yosemite.  This is the same water fall as above (Yosemite Falls) from a different angel and closer up.





We hiked along the valley floor, through wooded areas,


and through open veld areas,



under Half Dome

stopping at the Mirror pool, under Half Dome, to eat our lunch of trail mix, jerky (not a taste I have acquired) and gummy worms.



Me trying to be creative with photo taking.

Continuing on our hike and taking some cue's from a Japanese kid who was working it for the camera, peace signs and funky side jumps coming out all over the place...





But wait we need to stop for a quick guess at What song is going through your head right now?



“I look once more just beyond the river bend beyond the shore somewhere past the sea...”  From Pocahontas - fitting I think.
"I'm a genie in a bottle..."  Christina Aguilera - we still don't know why.


Look at the deer!


Continuing on our walk.





Bridal falls



Across the way is Horse Tail Falls.



Finally up to the tunnel where we have a view of the Valley, Bridal falls is the waterfall you see - the pictures are hazy because I forgot to wipe the spray from Bridal falls off my camera.



This picture is clear because I realized I need to wipe the spray my camera lens.


We met a guy who asked me to take photos of him and his girlfriend.  I took them, he offered to return the favour - while taking photos of us, he proceeded to ask me an array of questions, and was mediocre as a photographer.  With me he told me exactly where he wanted him and his lady to be in the picture - oh well.  Here are some awkward photos of me, in mid conversation trying to smile and look cute for the camera.





No comments:

Post a Comment