Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cool California – 19th, 20th, 21st October

It was so natural to be back in California like no time had passed.

I stayed with Nancy and Doug Forrest in California, great friends I made when I lived there in 2008, very hospitable, funny and so much fun to stay with, thinking back on the 3 days in Cool, they were happy and relaxed.

Staying in a place where nature is right outside your door, and where the smell of pine needles intoxicates the air, you can’t help but love every minute of it.

I briefly saw Heather and her precious blessings, Olivia, Nolan and new addition Quinn.  Unfortunately the visit was short and I couldn’t stay with them because they need to keep Quinn’s exposure to germs really low.  But it was good to see how the kids have grown and to meet new baby boy Quinn. 

On Thursday the 20th I visited with Abbi and Tony, seeing their daughters Moriah (who has grown so much since I left) and meeting their new baby girl Scarlett.

None of the kids remember me because they were younger when I was there, but I remember them.
Abbi and Tony’s precious baby girls are so warm and independent and secure.  In fact both the Morris’ and Cordova’s have GREAT kids – when your putting in an order for children, trust me when I say tell God ‘I want kids like this.’

I’m sad my visit to Cool wasn’t longer, but I will be coming back again.  As Abbi said, and I’m glad I proved her wrong “I thought I would never see you again.”  I will definitely be going back for a visit, Cool is a great place, it smells like pine needles, nature is right outside your door you can’t help but love your time in the area.  I made GREAT friends and I’m SO glad I got to see them again.

Pictures tell their own story

Me hanging out in Nancy and Doug's backyard - reading & journaling.

Going for a walk with Nancy and Doug in Cool, these are some of the AMAZING scenes that greeted us.







Interesting encounter with a farmer, he was preparing this trough which catches flies.  You put soapy water in the trough which breaks down the meniscus, when the flies land on the water they drown.  The plastic sheets reflect sunlight, making the flies think its an animal, thereby attracting them.


Now for the gross, massacre of the flies...

Yeah, told you it was gross, those are all flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment